You’re planning a trip to Europe, and you’re excited. You’ve got your itinerary made, and you know where you want to go and what you want to see. But then it hits you: How much does it cost to take a trip like this? It’s easy enough to find out how much plane tickets cost, but lodging, food and transportation are all more difficult.
In the lead-up to your trip, the most expensive part of your journey will be the plane tickets. The good news is that there are many ways to save money on this front.
- If possible, try to find a flight with a layover or stopover in Europe instead of flying directly from your home country. This way, you’ll have time to explore another city on your own before continuing on with your original itinerary.
- You can also look into flights with connections at different airports throughout Europe—this way you can break up your trip into parts and visit two cities in one day!
- Another option is flying through Europe with an international carrier rather than simply sticking to domestic airlines within each country (which tend to cost more)- travel europe.
- Accommodation can get very expensive in Europe. Budget hostels are available, but they usually operate on the basis of shared dorm rooms, which might be too much for some people. Airbnb is a good option if you don’t mind staying in someone else’s home (and they have an extra room). Renting an apartment or house is another option, but this may be more expensive than other options depending on how long you stay and where you rent.
- Booking ahead will save money—and often prevents unpleasant surprises! If possible, try to book your hotel before leaving so that there isn’t any chance of being unable to find something suitable at last minute prices when traveling through Europe.
- How much to budget per day. It’s hard to give a number because you can find food for cheap or spend a fortune. A general rule of thumb is to plan on spending about 20-30 euros per person per day for meals and snacks, but there are things you can do to reduce that amount.
- How much to budget per meal. A typical lunch at a restaurant will cost between 10 and 25 euros (USD), while dinner at a mid-range restaurant should be around 30-40 euros (USD). If you eat out every day, make sure your travel budget includes enough money for restaurants!
- How to save on food costs: The best way is by shopping in grocery stores instead of restaurants—you’ll often get bigger portions while paying less money than what it would cost at an eatery. Another tip is not eating out more than once or twice per week—eating out too much will increase your expenses considerably during any vacation, but especially one in Europe!
How much it costs to rent a car
The cost of the rental is going to depend on whether or not you have any additional fees. For example, if you’re under 25 or over 65 and are renting in Europe, there will be an additional fee for that. If you’re planning on taking longer than a day or two in one country, there may also be extra fees for airport drop-offs and pick-ups as well- travel europe.
If you’re traveling with more people than just yourself (for example: if you’re going with your partner), then it’s important that the rental agency has enough cars available so that everyone can get into one car together. This can mean either sharing a vehicle with other travelers or splitting up into separate vehicles depending on how big your group is.
Shopping in Europe can be fun, but it can also be expensive. If you shop at the touristy stores, expect to pay higher prices than normal. To save money while shopping in Europe, go to the local markets and grocery stores where you can buy souvenirs and food at a lower price. For example:
- Eat at local restaurants instead of going to a chain restaurant like McDonald’s or Burger King (or any other American fast food chain).
- Buy wine from the region instead of buying it online or from an airport gift shop (because those are overpriced).
- Buy cheese from the region instead of buying it online or from an airport gift shop (because those are overpriced).
Travel insurance is a must. It’s true that you can get cheap travel insurance online, but there are even better deals at the airport or at your local travel agent. If something happens while you’re traveling and you need to be transported back home, or if one of your bags gets lost, it will be covered by insurance- travel europe.
The cost of traveling to Europe can vary depending on the type of trip you choose
The cost of traveling to Europe can vary depending on the type of trip you choose. For example, if you’re planning to stay in one location for your entire trip, a package that includes airfare, hotel, and some sightseeing might cost you around $2,000. But if you want to explore several different cities over your vacation, a trip that includes airfare, hotel, and some sightseeing might cost you around $5,000.
The cost of a trip to Europe can seem very high. However, the experience you will have is worth it. The culture, history and natural beauty are things that can’t be replicated anywhere else in the world.
Before you decide on taking a vacation, ask yourself this question: “Will I regret not going on this trip?” If the answer is yes, then go ahead and book your plane ticket.
The good news is that you can travel to Europe for less than you think. You just need to do your research ahead of time and plan accordingly.