Have you ever wondered what the deal is with passports and expiration dates? Do you need to have a passport that is valid for six months after your travel dates? What happens if you try to travel with an expired passport?
Passport Expiration Rules
- Passports issued to adults are valid for ten years.
- Passports issued to children under the age of 15 are valid for five years.
- If your passport expires while you are traveling for leisure, you will need to get it renewed at a U.S. embassy or consulate.
- If your passport expires and you are unable to renew it while you are traveling, you will need to return to the United States with a valid passport.
- If your passport expires while you are in the United States, you can still travel within the United States with your expired passport. However, you will need to get it renewed before you can travel outside of the United States.
So, there you have it! The passport expiration rules. Be sure to keep your passport up to date and valid for travel. Always remember, if its an emergency and you can’t renew your passport, you can still travel with an expired passport. Thanks for reading!